||Martha's 1 hour presentation:
- focuses on the process of illustrating non-fiction from manuscript to finished art
- shows 9 books she has illustrated
- digital slide show of process
- original artwork, sketches and final art
- explains how different types of pictures compliment text
- drawing activity that emphasizes communication through pictures
- one-on-one feedback during drawing activity
Schools: $150. (based on CANSCAIP rates)
Audience size: 30 (one class)
Preferred grade level: 4 - 10
Libraries: $250. (based on Canada Council rates)
For all of the above, GST and travel expenses are over and above the presentation fee.
Longer and custom-made workshops available on request. Martha is also on the roster for the Ontario Arts Council's "Artists in Education" program which supports extended artist workshops with children in schools.
Artwork at left by Ontario school children, grades 4 - 6.